Fire Safety Reminder for Thanksgiving Feasts
Thursday, November 28, 2013
The Magnolia Vol. Fire Co. would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. The National Fire Protection Association says this about Thanksgiving Fire Safety: Video from the NFPA regarding Thanksgiving fires
The kitchen is the heart of the home, especially at Thanksgiving. Kids love to be involved in holiday preparations. Safety in the kitchen is important, especially on Thanksgiving Day when there is a lot of activity and people at home.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit a candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
NFPA discourages the use of outdoor gas-fueled turkey fryers.
Photo of the Day
There are currently no events posted
Help us to continue making a difference in the community. Please make your tax deductible donation to Magnolia Fire Company today!Donate
Nature: Traffic Collision w/Injuries
Address: South Dupont Hwy and Old North Rd
City: Camden Wyoming, DE 19934
Mon Jun, 18 2018 @ 14:37
Nature: Medical Emergency
Nature: New Call
Location: Firefly-Division 4
Address: 599 Persimmon Tree Lane Division 4
City: Dover, DE 19901